1 large onion peeled cut into 6 slices, three lemons divided, herbs and spices plus parsley for garnish, 8 cloves garlic smashed, 40g ginger grated, 1 whole scotch, 2-3 eggs. Scotch bonnet, 1 pound small baby potatoes cut in half, corn on the cob cut into 2 or 3 pieces, 1 pound crab legs, 20 large shrimps peeled or shell left on, 3 tablespoons butter, 3 – 4 tablespoons shirleys jollof paste. 500g Rice of your choice, 1 shirleys jollof paste full jar.
1. Cut 2 of the lemons into quarters, slice the remaining lemons into wedges and serve the wedges for garnish.
2. Fill a large pot with 14 – 16 cups of water. Place the two quarters lemons in the water along with your preferred herbs and spices, 2 – 3 tablespoons of shirleys jollof paste ,grated ginger garlic , scotch bonnet and onion add salt to taste and bring to a boil.
3. Add the potatoes to the pot and cook for 8 minutes.
4. Add the clams, crab , corn on the cob and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add the shrimp and sausage and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
6. Drain the seafood mixture from the pot, reserving 1 cup of the broth
7. Melt the butter in a small bowl and whisk into reserved broth, add two tablespoons of the Jollof paste , quarter cup of water and pour over the seafood mixture.
8. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges. Serve with Jollof rice.